2-1-1 Broward serves people in crisis by providing 24-hour telephone counseling, emotional support, suicide prevention and intervention, and links to community resources.
All 2-1-1 counselors are trained to handle a crisis/suicide call. The goal of the counselor is to:
- neutralize the situation
- de-escalate the caller to ensure their safety
- identify the callers most critical issues
- provide emotional support
- involve outside interventions as needed
If you or someone you know is:
- in acute emotional distress
- in or perceived to be in a life-threatening situation
- in danger to themselves or to others
- hysterical, frightened or otherwise unable to cope with a problem
Call 211 or 954-537-0211 now for help!
Click on the links for more reliable information about suicide:
All facts provided by the American Association of Suicidology.
If you need more information or to find resources, call 2-1-1 or browse the Community Resource Database.